posted Dec 17, 2014, 3:48 PM by Mark Rieves
updated Dec 17, 2014, 3:50 PM
From our Lower Greenville Neighborhood Association (LGNA) friends - a few very good holiday reminders about preventing crime around the holidays:
- Be on the look out for scams. We're feeling generous this time of year and scam artists know that.
- Don't have packages shipped to your home unless you are absolutely certain you will be there 24/7 to receive them. Have them shipped to your office, or take advantage of the UPS store where packages can be received for you from any carrier. Having them stolen off your porch is a sure way to spoil the holiday.
- Try not to have your piles of Christmas gifts visible from outside your windows. Its just window shopping for all those guys that deliver the pizza menus to your door.
- Don't leave the packing boxes from big items sitting on the curb for bulk trash. No need to advertise that you just got a 62" flatscreen. Cut them up and put them in the recycle bin.
- Be careful at shopping malls, especially when parking farther from the entrances. Parking lot robberies seem to rise around Christmas shopping time.